The French oven features the same excellent cooking characteristics as the Cocotte. The enamelled cast iron distributes heat evenly for best results and retains the temperature for a long time, so that the food stays hot throughout the meal. The Chistera drop structure creates an Aroma Rain effect: evaporating moisture is dropped back on the food, making meat tender and enhancing the flavour of the ingredients. What makes this French oven a very special addition to any well-appointed kitchen and the perfect gift for foodies is the option of “drawing” on the lid. Choose from several beautiful motifs, such as the lily, on vibrant colours. The exquisite design makes the French oven really stand out and adds an interesting touch to the table when it is used for serving. With its conical form and the rounded edges, the French oven is ideal for all dishes that are frequently stirred, allowing the cooking spoon to reach every corner. Try it with recipes such as “vegetable pilaf with saffron and chicken breast” or a creamy risotto. The French oven is suitable for all types of hobs and can also be used inside the oven, for example to bake bread in a perfect rounded shape.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended